The Wanderers Education Program provides members of the Australian Special Air Service Regiment (SASR) with merit-based higher and vocational education, as well as other professional and personal development opportunities in order to build individual and familial resilience and prepare them for post life service.
By 2030 the Wanderers Education Program aims to offer all suitable and eligible SASR qualified members an opportunity to follow an education pathway upon posting. The model will evolve over time via appropriate external support and investment strategies to be self-funding via a perpetual capital base. In time this capital base might expand to sustain and inform an interlocking and mutually supportive network of like funds and programs across Army.
GOALS OF THE PROGRAM
• Give select and vetted partners the opportunity to directly and tangibly contribute to SASR Operators’ post service welfare;
• Optimise SASR Operators’ opportunities to successfully assimilate and continue to actively contribute to the nation upon completion of service;
• Build familial resilience, providing Operators’ spouses and children with confidence and certainty in post-service life;
• Ensure SASR remains a destination employer of choice in Special Operations; and
• Augment and enhance SASR human capital via world-class educational experiences, including non-military programs that help them build on and develop a diverse array of leadership, management, strategy, negotiation, decision-making and vocation-specific skill-sets.
The Wanderers Education Program is managed by the SASR’s Human Performance Cell and all funds are managed through Trust 3.
Donations: Jo Nelson firstname.lastname@example.org (08) 9389 8897
Program Manager: Harry Moffitt email@example.com 0439 552 318